Fuel cell electric buses: an attractive value proposition for fuel cell buses in Scandinavia
A fuel cell bus offers all the benefits of electric drive while improving the bus performance with no compromise in service and operation compared to other zero-emission technologies and no road side infrastructure.
Delivering the required mix of emission reduction, fast refuelling, extended range and route flexibility, fuel cell buses are the only zero-emission direct 1:1 replacement for diesel and CNG buses.
Zero-emission fuel cell buses are ready to be implemented for public transit and will support economic development while improving environmental health. Denmark, Sweden and Norway are among the world leaders in the hydrogen and fuel cell technologies. Denmark was the first country in the world to establish a nationwide network of hydrogen fuel stations and is fully engaged in fuel cell technology; from R&D to product manufacturing and from hydrogen production to infrastructure deployment.
Related content from this organisation
- Ballard Power Systems: Bus Brochure
- Fuel cell electric buses: an attractive value proposition for zero-emission buses in France
- Hydrogen at scale: for fuel cell electric buses – a California case study
- An attractive value proposition for zero-emission buses in the United Kingdom
- Intelligent Transport Podcast Episode 10 – David Yorke, Ballard Power Systems