Cooee growth booms in the Sydney suburbs, drawing thousands to new on-demand transport
In less than three months, the on-demand public transportation network drew thousands of customers and the project has met its utilisation goals well ahead of schedule.
Via, the world’s leading provider and developer of on-demand public mobility solutions, today released milestone metrics for its new Cooee Busways transport system, launched in partnership with Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) and Busways, a leading Australian transportation provider. Despite only starting operations on May 27, residents are already flocking to the new service by the thousands, with ridership exceeding targets, and vehicle utilisation well ahead of the project’s goals.
Called Cooee Busways, the new on-demand shared transit network provides first- and last- mile connections for residents in The Ponds, Schofields and Kellyville Ridge, linking more residents with the new Sydney Metro public transportation hubs. Residents in the western Sydney suburbs have proved their eagerness to leave their private vehicles at home and take public transport, with more than 20,000 rides taken on the Cooee service in less than three months.
Related content from this organisation
- Public transport data and the next steps for better operations
- How to build a demand-responsive transport network in just 10 minutes
- The British city revolutionising local transport with DRT
- Arlington expands on-demand transportation network to cover entire city
- Via announce partnership with May Mobility to bring driverless cars to Texas