Whitepaper: 24/7 people and vehicle detection for public transportation
Posted: 1 September 2015 | FLIR Systems
Understand how Thermal imaging cameras can detect people’s risky behaviour and help public transportation operators to take the appropriate measures…
Every day, public transportation passengers rely on trains, metros or trams to bring them safely and timely at their point of destination. However, the risky or careless behaviour of people can sometimes lead to accidents that will cause a lot of delay as well as severe damage to rolling goods and rail infrastructure. Thermal imaging cameras can detect this risky behaviour in time and help public transportation operators to take the appropriate measures.
Every year accidents on the railway or on metro/tram tracks are caused by people taking risks. Whether they’re taking a short-cut home, zigzagging their way on a level crossing, spraying graffiti on railway property or not taking the usual care after a few drinks, people ignore the rules of the railways every day and put their lives at risk, as well as risking the safe running of the railway.
The same goes for level crossings. When used correctly, level crossings provide a safe way to cross the railway, but misuse or user error can have tragic consequences. Every year accidents are caused by road users and pedestrians ignoring level crossing barriers, warnings and speeding trains to save a few minutes.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full, you'll need to login or subscribe.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- Quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- Case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- Breaking news and features
- Our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
All for free!
Related content from this organisation
- Using detection technology to make infrastructure and roads safer
- TELEDYNE FLIR Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Thermal imaging for safety and efficiency in public transportation
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) & Traffic Management supplement 2015
- Whitepaper: 24/7 people and vehicle detection for public transportation