Running the world’s largest demand-responsive transport system around Paris
Find out how Île-de-France Mobilités, the transport authority for Paris and the surrounding area, has worked in partnership with Padam Mobility to launch and deliver demand-responsive transport (DRT) for a region whose mobility needs are as diverse as its residents.
In 2019, Île-de-France Mobilités, the public transport authority for the Paris region, made the decision to deliver demand-responsive transport services in partnership with Padam Mobility in order to continue delivering on changing passenger requirements, and keep up with service demand in the sizeable (17 square kilometres) and diverse region.
The service is known locally as TAD IDFM and utilises a single DRT management and booking system, provided by Padam. This system has helped create a unified user experience, while simplifying services management, and bringing operating costs under control, all of which has led to:
- Up to 12,000 bookings per month
- 80 per cent pooling rate
- 95 per cent of bookings made via mobile app
- 400 app downloads on average per month.
How did the Paris Region launch the most flexible and the largest Demand-Responsive Transport in the world thanks to Padam Mobility?
Download this Business Case to find out how Padam Mobility worked with IDFM to launch the world’s largest and most flexible DRT service, and discover:
- The main reasons that motivated Île-de-France Mobilités to choose Padam Mobility as its partner
- The stages of the implementation of the DRT regional platform, from its initial operation to its extension
- The first results that emerged.