Less than two months to go to the sixth edition of the Transport Research Arena
Posted: 24 February 2016 | IBDiM | No comments yet
The sixth edition of the Transport Research Arena – TRA2016 conference will this time take place in the dynamic city of Warsaw and follow Göteborg, Ljubljana, Brussels, Athens and Paris in less than two months’ time…
The sixth edition of the Transport Research Arena – TRA2016 conference will this time take place in the dynamic city of Warsaw and follow Göteborg, Ljubljana, Brussels, Athens and Paris in less than two months’ time. This cycle of TRA conferences is the most important event in Europe that addresses scientific research on surface and water transport.
For four whole days (from Monday 18th to Thursday 21st April 2016) at the modern and impressive PGE Narodowy stadium, the most representative group of people involved in the creation of modern transport will come together. Scientists, private company representatives, state and road administration authorities, politicians, managers and students will discuss the solutions to make transport more efficient, ecological and safe.
The topics of the Polish edition of the conference fall under the leading mission statement: Innovative Solutions for Tomorrow’s Mobility. Scientists and practitioners will indicate the future innovative solutions which may change the face of transport and meet the challenges connected with tomorrow’s mobility. Skilful use of the synergy between science and industry will be beneficial for all of us. The latest research and innovation, technologies and implementations will be presented during the conference and feature the best practice from Europe and the world concerning the sustainable mobility of people and goods. Over 500 papers were accepted to be given as lectures and presented at scientific posters. Click here to see the preliminary programme which has just been put online.
The European Commission, in cooperation with the Conference of European Directors of Roads – CEDR and the European technology platforms ERTRAC, ERRAC, Waterborne and ALICE as well as the co-organisers on the Polish side – the Ministry of Infrastructure and Construction and the Road and Bridge Research Institute have jointly prepared the agenda for this event. The conference is also supported by ECTP, ETRA and NCBR. Each day of the conference features a unique topic that will be highlighted in the 12 high-level plenary and strategic sessions and be echoed in all the other related sessions:
- On Monday, the role and meaning of transport in creating one Europe will be discussed.
- On Tuesday, automation in transport, challenges and possibilities of fast changing technologies, the role of industry.
- During Wednesday, the questions of how to meet the challenge of reduction of carbon dioxide emission, ensuring fuel safety and the achievement of objectives connected with effectiveness will be answered.
- Thursday’s sessions will relate to the development of transport models, improvement of technology in transport, radical demographic changes and scenarios for the future presented by young scientists.
TRA2016‘s absorbing programme includes:
- A TRA Marketplace featuring 150 poster sessions, a Results Forum (professional brokerage forum) and Outreach sessions on the European Commission stand
- Two key workshops on women and students
- Dedicated special sessions on international collaboration, EU/US cooperation in the field of Automation and the vision for 2050 for transport R&I
- Some 34 technical sessions and 14 invited sessions
- Side events which currently include a ERA-NET Transport conference and a Horizon 2020 Brokerage event
- A dynamic exhibition that features the key sponsors and can be visited during the whole event (it is also not too late for you to book a stand!) and will also feature presentations
- Social events to network that include a welcome cocktail and Gala Dinner
For more information on TRA2016, see the TRA website (http://www.traconference.eu), TRA Linked In group (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3896268), TRA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/traconference), TRA Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/TRA_Conference) or TRA Google+ (https://plus.google.com/+TraconferenceEu).