T-mobility integrates first intercity bus lines outside Barcelona Metropolitan Area
Following this expansion, customers can now make contactless payments through T-Mobility across more than 40 urban and intercity bus lines in and beyond the Barcelona Metropolitan Area.
Credit: Autoritat del Transport Metropolità
Autoritat del Transport Metropolità (ATM) has announced that more than 40 urban and intercity bus lines have now incorporated validation with T-mobility, the new contactless payment system for traveling on the public transport network in the Barcelona area.
As part of this latest launch, the first intercity bus lines from outside the Barcelona Metropolitan Area have been incorporated with T-Mobility:
- Moventis-Empresa Casas: around 20 lines serving the Maresme, including the Exprés.cat lines e11.1 and e11.2
- Moventis-La Vallesana: 12 interurban lines that operate around Sabadell and Terrassa
- Moventis-Autocars Pujol: Two interurban lines that cover routes between Santa Susanna, Malgrat de Mar and Palafolls.
In addition, the urban lines of the Rubí municipal service, Rubí Bus, operated by the Avanza Group, and the Masnou , Vilassar de Mar-Cabrera de Mar and Premià de Mar urban lines, operated by Casas, are now also incorporated with T-mobility.
This new step follows the incorporation of the payment system with Catalonia’s entire railway system, across the six crowns of the Barcelona area, in September 2022.
ATM tickets are available for purchase through the official T-mobility sales channels:
- Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB), Ferrocarrils, Rodalies and TRAM’s vending machines
- TMB and FGC’s website, in the case of card purchase
- The T-mobility, TMB app and FGC T-mobility applications
- The T-mobility enabled attention points of the public transport network.
Transport tickets purchased with the T-mobility system also enjoy the same discounts as the magnetic system tickets. This means that the T-usual (also FM/FN), T-casual and T-jove (also FM/FN) travel tickets can be purchased with the corresponding rate reduction until 31 December 2022. In addition, all integrated transport tickets will be valid until 15 January 2023 .
If you liked this, you may also be interested in: