Whitepaper: Getting Microtransit Right
Microtransit is every transit agency’s ally in upgrading the customer experience, growing ridership, and improving efficiency. Aggregating riders going from different origins to different destinations in real time — and routing vehicles dynamically — creates operational possibilities that were unimaginable only five years ago.
Microtransit can help operators to grow ridership for existing fixed lines by solving the first-last mile problem. It enables them to upgrade dial-a-ride systems, and to optimize the coverage/frequency trade off by replacing underperforming routes and using the savings to increase the frequency of fixed routes in high demand corridors. This white paper deals with the most important questions to ask when planning the implementation of a smart microtransit service. It highlights the importance of selecting the right partner – both with regards to the technical capabilities as well as operational expertise of the partner – and Via’s unique and industry leading value proposition in both of these areas. The white paper further includes an explanation of Via’s partnership models and SaaS solution.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- On-demand shared service re-purposed to service healthcare workers in Berlin
- SVHL launches shared ride service in Lübeck with ViaVan
- ViaVan and Stagecoach launch on-demand transport service in Tees Valley
- Milton Keynes Council approves ViaVan ride sharing trial
- ViaVan and Shell launch EV shared ride project in Amsterdam