MaaS and the future of urban mobility: placing public transport at the centre of MaaS
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
MaaS is the concept that users can utilise whichever mobility service is most efficient for a journey, across public and private modes, planning and paying seamlessly based on what and how much they use.
MaaS promises to help move people away from private car ownership, reducing congestion and making our cities better places to live and move around.
The MaaS vision of being able to offer a single interface for cross-mode travel, often for a subscription payment model is a highly attractive one. However, as with all technology, the devil lies in the detail, and the difference between vision and actually delivering is considerable.
This webinar will look at the different approaches to MaaS currently being proposed and will discuss the various benefits these offer and the challenges they face. The greatest issue facing MaaS today is how do cities take the first step in reaching this vision. Topics covered will include:
- An overview of MaaS and the current state of the market
- Comparing subscription and Account Based MaaS offerings
- Debating who should provide a MaaS offering, public or private entities
- Providing real-world examples of MaaS from around the globe including Kisio’s PlanBookTicket and Transit App
- An outline of the benefits of SDK integration for connecting services
- An outline of the role MaaS will play in the future of public transit
- Offer a step-by-step process for evolving current solutions into a MaaS offering
Jonathan Donovan, CPO, Masabi
Stephen Miller, Communications Lead, Transit
|Laurent Leca, Chief Product Officer, Kisio – Digital Solutions|