Dubai’s RTA launches AI digital coach for driver training
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Posted: 25 November 2019 | Intelligent Transport
The authority plans to consistently develop and update the training robot, enabling it to accommodate future changes and adapt to future training materials.
Credit: RTA Dubai
Dubai’s Road and Transport Authority (RTA) has launched a robotic digital trainer project to train passenger transport drivers at the Public Transport Agency (PTA) in a bid to enhance the UAE’s strategy for artificial intelligence (AI).
This robot is designed to train drivers about traffic awareness and is equipped with programmed information such as training materials and answers to queries from trainees. The robot is said to be able to interact with attendees during theoretical training lectures, and aims to keep trainees engaged.
The RTA have said the robot will contribute to the development and refinement of the skills of drivers of passenger transport, and raise the level of training outputs to ensure the realisation of RTA’s Strategic Plan, which includes several missions and visions, such as:
- A smart Dubai – ensuring a digital transformation to become a data driven mobility organisation
- People’s happiness – ensuring the safety, comfort and happiness of passengers
- An integrated Dubai – enhancing integration between transportation planning and urban planning
- A smooth transport for all – encouraging shared mobility and public transport whilst managing congestion and policies
- Sustainability – fostering environmentally friendly transport
Artificial Intelligence, Staff & Skills Development, Workforce Inclusivity
Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA)