FlixBus and Greyhound launch shared booking platform for inter-city travel in North America
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Posted: 1 March 2023 | Intelligent Transport | No comments yet
FlixBus and Greyhound’s integrated booking platforms will offer customers across North America with an enhanced inter-city travel experience, providing millions of passengers with affordable and convenient options.
Flix North America Inc., the Dallas-based entity overseeing operations for both Greyhound and FlixBus across North America, has announced the co-integration of both brands’ booking platform to enable a shared, extended inter-city bus network from which customers can more easily search, book and travel throughout North America.
With spring travel season kicking off, customers can now book rides with Greyhound and FlixBus to almost 2,300 destinations across the U.S., Canada and Mexico from either brands’ website or app.
Having already been present in the North American market with its FlixBus brand since 2018, the purchase of Greyhound in 2021 brought the two companies together to offer a smart and affordable way to travel.
“This is an exciting time for inter-city bus travel,” said Kai Boysan, CEO steering FlixBus and Greyhound in North America. “By leveraging synergies from Greyhound’s experience in connecting communities nationwide for over a century and FlixBus’ innovative technology, we are able to provide millions of travellers access to more affordable, convenient and an overall better travel experience.”
FlixBus and McGill’s announce expansion of coach partnership
FlixBus‘ innovative technology coupled with Greyhound’s iconic nationwide presence is setting a new standard for inter-city bus transportation. In addition to a shared booking platform, customers can expect a series of enhanced products and features to make the travel experience even better:
- One booking, one ticket: Whether the trip is point-to-point or has multiple stops and bus changes, customers have just one ticket for the entire journey
- Reserved seating: During the booking process, customers can reserve seats for a small fee
- New payment methods: ApplePay (available now) and GooglePay planned for early spring 2023
- First bag travels free: One carry-on bag and one luggage are included in the standard ticket price and passengers can add additional luggage for a small fee
- Manage my booking: Customers can now easily manage all their bookings through either brands’ website and app
- Carbon off-set credits: Passengers can now offset their carbon emissions with each trip through FlixBus’ partnership with atmosfair for 1-3% of their overall ticket price
- Free Wi-Fi/ on-board entertainment: As always, passengers can enjoy free Wi-Fi, power outlets to charge devices and onboard entertainment.
If you liked this, you may also be interested in:
▶ Stagecoach confirms sale of its inter-city coach businesses
▶ Oakville Transit unveils first zero-emission battery electric buses
Accessibility, Passenger Experience, Public Transport, Sustainable Urban Transport
Bus & Coach
Canada, Mexico, United States