Case study: Monterrey’s Transportation Network
In this case study, discover how Teltronic’s communication solutions have solved Monterrey’s many communication challenges…
Monterrey’s fast developing and complex transport infrastructure has many communication challenges. Teltronic’s complete communication solutions have been deployed to solve these challenges, and reinforce the delivery of a safe and efficient system.
Monterrey is the capital of the state of Nuevo León, Mexico, and home to nearly 4.6 million people. It has a wide range of public transport systems: over 4 million journeys are made every day, 13% of which are made on the Metrorrey network – around 520,000 trips each weekday.
The Metrorrey network – the Sistema de Transporte Colectivo Metrorrey – comprises three metro lines, including one under construction, as well as:
- TransMetro (Bus Rapid Transit system – BRT – with free transfer to the Metro)
- Metrobus (conventional buses, included within the metro’s integrated tariff)
- MetroEnlace (suburban buses, included within the metro’s integrated tariff)
- DIF Circuit (special buses for people with disabilities)
- Ecovía (BRT funded by public-private investment and operated by Metrorrey)
As the metro network grows, so the complementary transport networks expand: new bus routes are added to feed new or extended metro lines, gradually extending coverage across the city.
This case study is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!