Whitepaper: Importance of Computing Health Management in Transportation Systems
Posted: 15 September 2015 | Kontron
Today’s railway systems require broad computing support for varied needs from rolling stock and fleet management to video surveillance, passenger Internet and ticketing or conductor/driver information.
To maximize system availability and reliability, health management capabilities are an important new resource allowing operators to verify vital system status. Large rolling stock fleets spread over thousands of kilometers of railway can use real-time data access to make improved actionable decisions.
In the new TRACe Health Management white paper from Kontron learn about:
- Benefits to implementing the unique, intelligent and autonomous health management capabilities of Kontron TRACe computing platforms
- How to go from simply reactive to positively proactive in managing application functionality and uptime
- Dramatically reduce costs and significantly increase efficiencies using remote monitoring, fleet availability, serviceability and anticipated maintenance information gathered using TRACe’s advanced integrated technologies
- Streamlining management of contractual and program obligations for long term support and maintenance through the ability to build comprehensive databases on the operational life of the fleet
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe for free to access
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- Quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- Case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- Breaking news and features
- Our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
All for free!
Related content from this organisation