Stagecoach expands megabus.com network in North America
Posted: 22 August 2011 | Stagecoach Group | No comments yet
Stagecoach Group has expanded the network run by budget coach operator megabus.com in the United States and Canada…
Stagecoach Group has expanded the network run by its market-leading budget coach operator megabus.com in the United States and Canada.
New budget coach services are now operating out of Omaha, Memphis, St Louis and Boston, bringing to 64 the total number of locations covered in North America from the company’s six key hubs.
megabus.com – which offers daily, express coach travel for as low as £1 in the UK and from $1 in North America – is supporting the latest expansion by offering hundreds of free seats on some of the new routes.
As part of the latest expansion:
- Omaha residents can now travel to Chicago, Des Moines, Iowa; and Iowa City, Iowa, with megabus.com offering two daily departures.
- A new route has been established between Memphis and St Louis, offering one daily departure
- The number of trips between Memphis and Chicago has been increased to three daily departures.
- Service levels between St. Louis and Chicago have been increased to five departures each day.
- Boston residents and local students can now travel to Burlington, Vt.; New Haven, Conn.; and Hartford, Conn. There are two daily departures to Burlington, and four daily departures to New Haven and Hartford.
DATTCO Coach & Tour Group, a family-owned, full-service transportation company based in New Britain, CT, will operate the megabus.com Burlington, New Haven and Hartford routes under a partnership arrangement.
Dale Moser, President and Chief Operating Officer of megabus.com in North America, said: “Our latest expansion will bring great value travel to even more locations across North America. People are continuing to turn to megabus.com for affordable travel and to make their dollar go further.”
More than 10 million customers have travelled with megabus.com in North America since the launch in April 2006. megabus.com coaches offer free Wi-Fi, power outlets and restrooms. They provide excellent fuel economy and environmental performance, and are “Green Coach Certified”.
Last year, megabus.com in North America won the Leading Provider of Outstanding Car Rental and Bus Deals category at the 2010 Travelzoo awards for the second year in a row.
Visit www.megabus.com for additional information about service, schedules, arrival and departure times and fares.