Disrupting Stockholm’s traditional ticketing systems
In association with Access IS and Region Stockholm/SL we explore how a change to the traditional ticketing methods has meant a complete overhaul of the ticketing system in Stockholm.
In this feature partnership we speak to Henrik Palmér, Head of Sales at Region Stockholm/SL, who discusses how the possibility of mobile ticketing in the future has led to a revamp of the whole ticketing system in Stockholm. In partnership with Access IS, we explore the processes, challenges and the end result of this disruption to traditional ticketing.
The key points discussed include:
- The need to modernise for the passenger
- What the process of change looks like
- What else has to change to ensure the longevity of the modernised ticketing process
- The ways Region Stockholm/SL intends to better control the development of ticketing in the future
- The internal challenges Region Stockholm/SL faced when change was presented to the company
- Advice to others wishing to follow a similar project.