Intelligent Transport Issue 2 2023
30 May 2023
In Issue 2 2023 of Intelligent Transport, we feature exclusive content from leading industry experts and thought leaders discussing: forming prosperous communities through improved transport equity; revolutionising transport and empowering operators with smart ticketing; marketing MaaS to improve awareness and increase adoption; and plenty more.
Becoming ever more digitally driven
One of the most significant developments within the public transport industry in recent years has been the rapid increase in digitalisation and technological adoption. This has happened due to a vast number of reasons – namely, out of necessity due to the COVID-19 pandemic – but will continue to have an impact way into the future. Whether it be to become more sustainable, increase efficiency or offer passengers the digital services that they are coming to expect, the benefits of technology are myriad.
Within this issue of Intelligent Transport, you will find insightful articles from a range of authors, most of which follow a common theme: utilising the power of technology. On Page 4, learn from FlixBus about how the company is benefitting from a vast range of technological solutions when supporting the development and upskilling of its workforce; or, from Page 9, find out more from leading industry experts about how smart ticketing is becoming ever more intelligent and vital to the future success of public transport.
Also within this issue, you will notice another key theme: the passenger. No matter which corner of the transport industry you come from, there must always be one key focus, and that is prioritising the wants and needs of those that the industry was made to serve. On Page 7, you will find a profound article from the Central Ohio Transit Authority, which shines a spotlight on the disparities experienced by different types of passengers when it comes to transport services and considers how the industry must adapt in order to improve that transport inequity.
As ever, make sure to stay up-to-date with all of the latest public transport developments by visiting the Intelligent Transport website, and don’t forget to subscribe to make sure that you don’t miss out!
Included within this issue:
- THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE WHEEL
Julio Tironi’s story, Cyprus Public Transport
Empowering the workforce with technology
– Elliot Tabachnik, Domain Product Owner for the Operations Domain at FlixTech (FlixBus)
- TRANSPORT EQUITY
Forming prosperous communities through improved transport equity
– Monica Jones, Chief Equity Officer at the Central Ohio Transit Authority
- FEATURE PARTNERSHIP
Revolutionising public transportation in Gaziantep, Turkey
- PASSENGER ACCESSIBILITY
The importance of making micro-mobility services more accessible for disabled people
– Georgia Heathman, Head of Public Policy, Safety & Inclusion at TIER Mobility
- SHARED MOBILITY
Are shared e-scooters and shared EVs helping to create more sustainable cities?
– Bax & Company
- INTERVIEW SPOTLIGHT
Interview With Paul‑Henri Renard
– Paul-Henri Renard, CEO of PARIFEX
- AUTONOMOUS MOBILITY
PAVE Europe: Building trust in autonomous vehicles in Europe and beyond
– Guido Di Pasquale, Managing Director of PAVE Europe
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE
McLaren Applied connects fleets to the future with F1 connectivity technology
- IN-DEPTH FOCUS: SMART TICKETING
– Carol Schweiger, President of Schweiger Consulting
– Neil Shah, IT & Digital Director at Arriva UK Trains
- IN-DEPTH FOCUS: MOBILITY-AS-A-SERVICE
– Charles Nichols, Marketing Communications Manager at Solent Transport
– Philippe Vappereau, General Manager at Calypso Networks Association
- IN-DEPTH FOCUS: SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT
– Joanne Phoenix, Manager of Planning and Administrative Services at Oakville Transit
– Dolores Ortiz Sanchez, Director General of Mobility at Madrid City Council.
PLUS MUCH MORE!